100% Whey Protein - 5 lb
The proprietary, QuadPlex protein blend consists of Microfiltered (MF) and Ion-Exchange (IE) Whey Protein Isolates, Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrates, and Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides. 100% Whey Protein is rich in all eight essential amino acids - including the three muscle saving BCAA's: l-leucine, l-isoleucine, and l-valine. It's also a great source of immune-supporting glutamine. Oh, and don't forget how easily it's digested and absorbed through the GI-tract. To recover quickly and completely, you need to get those vital aminos to the liver and muscles where they can be metabolized.
Without getting too technical, we incorporated HYDROWHEY - strategically hydrolyzed whey peptides into the mix. For those of you who are unfamiliar with protein terminology, amino acids are joined together by chemical links called "peptide bonds". When two amino acids are connected the resultant molecule is called a "di-peptide"; three joined aminos are called a "tri-peptide"...you get the picture. Peptides are important for our discussion because they are such great delivery vehicles for amino acids. As far as speed of amino acid delivery goes, peptides are better than intact proteins and - according to the scientific literature - better than isolated or "free form" amino acids. We also added Aminogen®, a digestive enzyme that liberates peptides and free form amino acids from intact proteins to increase the rate and degree of total absorption. Always remember: the body has no requirement for protein per say; only for the amino acids that proteins supply!
100% Whey Protein has always been a very low lactose product. As a dairy-derived ingredient it's never been entirely lactose-free. With less than 2 grams per serving, most people (including lactose-sensitive, even intolerant, individuals) never have a problem with it. But, that wasn't good enough for us. We wanted the product to be usable by just about everyone. So, we added the lactose-digesting enzyme lactase. Lactase helps to cleave the lactose molecules to yield other carbohydrates that won't irritate your stomach and send you running to the bathroom.
In summary, 100% Whey Protein consists of:
- Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolates
- Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolates
- Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate
- HYDROWHEY Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides
- Contains Lactase and Aminogen® digestive enzymes to further enhance absorption and make this product even more friendly to lactose intolerant individuals.
- Instantized to mix easily and completely with just a few twirls of a spoon.
- Every serving supplies even more low, moderate, and high molecular weight, biologically active whey protein microfractions including Alpha-Lactalbumin, Glycomacropeptides, Beta-lactoglobulin, Immunoglobulin G (IgG), Lactoferrin, Lactoperoxidase, and various growth factors. Over 4 grams of Glutamine and glutamine precursors as well as 5 grams of BCAAs (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) in each scoop!
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (30.4 g) (Double Rich Chocolate Shown)
Servings Per Container: 74 (5 lb)
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Total Carbohydrate 3 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 24 g
Calcium 140 mg
Sodium 60 mg
Potassium 220 mg
Enzyme Blend 25 mg
Lactase (standardized to 100,000 FCC units/g)
Other Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Peptides), Cocoa, Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium.
Suggested Use: To encourage a positive nitrogen balance, consume approximately 0.7 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day from a combination of foods and supplements. For even better results, consume your daily protein allotment over several small meals spread evenly throughout the day.